The Division of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics
(Computer Centre of the College)
This Division is the result of the unending efforts of Dr.A.Indrayan, whose keen interest and vast knowledge in the field have contributed immensely towards making this division one of the pioneers in detailed database analyses and maintenance...
Faculty : Professor - one Lecturer - one (Both currently attached with the Department of PSM)
Other : Programmers, Statisticians, Console Operators, etc. staff
1. Teaching of biostatistics and medical informatics
2. Computational, programming and informatics services to the students, faculty and administration (i) Biostatistics consultation for planning and conducting research projects, for analysis of data and for presentation of results - including for postgraduate thesis (ii) Biostatistical computation and graphics of nearly all kind (iii) Search of international medical literature on MEDLINE, AIDSLINE and POPLINE (iv) e-mail on internet (v) Database on more than 30 health indicators for India and each State with age, gender, urban/rural break-up since the year 1971 (vi) Programming for computerization of pay- roll, laboratory reporting, library circulation, health centre records and students' academic records (vii) Educational and medical care softwares
Equipments : 10 PCs and peripherals, (printers, UPSs, modem, etc.) - some are located in other departments/ sections
1. Computer based epidemiological cartography and health atlas
2. Development of index of health for India
3. Computers in health and medicine 4. Innovative teaching of biostatistics to medical students
World Health Organization (HO: Geneva and SEARO: agencies New Delhi), Danish Assistance for Prevention and Control of Blindness, Indian Council of Medical Research, etc.
Details from : Dr. A. Indrayan,
Professor of Biostatistics and Incharge Division of Biostatistics and Medical Informatics University College of Medical Sciences Dilshad Garden, Delhi 110 095